What is a Keyword?
A keyword is a word, phrase, or concept of great worth as mentioned in the dictionary. In SEO, a keyword is known as an idea or topic that delineates the content on a website. And those words and phrases, which a searcher enters into the search engine to search for a particular thing are also known as a keyword. Whenever a user searches using a certain keyword and your content includes that keyword, so the search engine will recognize it makes your website visible to that user.
In SEO keywords are still useful but it doesn’t count as an important ranking factor anymore. As SEO is continuously evolving and search engines keep updating their algorithms, makes SEO a bit complex and forces optimizers to change their strategies according to it. Putting keywords in your content tells search engines that what your content is all about and what is the purpose of your website. It is recommended by Top SEO Companies to use long-tail keywords as they are easy to target and rank for, because of their low competition.
Free Keyword Research Tools:
To rank against certain keywords and surpass your competitors by creating well-structured content, you need to search for the best and suitable keywords for your site. You can search for keywords using different keyword research tools. For beginners and for those who are on a tight budget and still wants to rank their site, let explore some useful Free Keyword Research Tool:
Google Search Data:
The amount of data Google can provide is beyond your imagination. When you type something on the Google search bar, it provides you multiple suggestions. Those suggestions can be used as keywords for your content.
- Autocomplete: Share suggestions when you enter some keywords or phrases to search for desired results. It includes the long-tail version of your primary keyword based on actual searched terms.
- People also ask: Provides you related questions that people asked commonly related to your primary keyword. It can help create sub-headings and featured snippets.
- Related Searches: Using Google’s AI system, shows you the best possible options you can use as a related keyword.
Price: FREE for all.
Google Search Console:
Google search console is a platform from where you can analyze your current content with some major metrics like impressions and CTR. Going through this research data you can come across many little things that can be a hurdle in your ranking if not noticed. The search console allows you to analyze your website content to keep your website updated with informed content.
- Allows you to analyze your website.
- Displays you small glitches in the website.
- Helps you in technical SEO.
This tool is the easiest way to find popular questions related to your primary keywords. It allows you to know what users are searching for related to your keyword. Along with that, it will also provide you with a handful of ideas relevant to your keyword in the form of combination and long-tail keywords.
Google trends allow you to identify the search volume of certain keywords in certain locations. It can be a great tool to analyze the amount of traffic your keyword is gaining from which location. For example, if Google Trends shows you that some specific keyword is performing low in a certain locality. So, you can analyze it and work on that keyword to enhance its performance in a specific location.
- Identifies location-based search volume.
- Tracks the seasonal fluctuation of your keywords.
- Enables you to analyze and optimize according to the results.
TagCrowd is one of the best free keyword research tools. It’s used to measure the frequency of the keywords used in the content of the website. Keyword frequency is a key focus of on-page SEO because too high frequency will put a penalty on you as it is considered as a black hat SEO technique. TagCrowd is used to determine the optimal frequency for your keywords by checking the competitor’s articles.
- Easy to use and simple interface.
- Allows you to check competitors’ SEO.
- Provides you with multiple options to upload files.
It is a free plug-in for your browser which lets you do keyword research while browsing the search engine. This add-on allows you to find keyword ideas related to your search query. From there you can get to know what people are searching for, with metrics like search volume, CPC, and competition.
- Collects data from popular keyword research tools like Ubersuggest, MOZ, AnswerThePublic, and Google.
- Show data with valuable metrics.
- Provides data in multiple formats.
Price: FREE with limited features.
If you own e-commerce business and want to beat your competitors then Merchant Words is the best keyword research tool for you. It collects all search data from the Amazon store and provides you with different keyword variations.
- Provides you with actionable market insights using data from worldwide Amazon searches.
- Provides you data with important metrics like monthly search volume.
- Unlimited search queries and downloads.
Price: Free version provides you with limited features.
This tool provides you an opportunity to find potential backlinks and relevant keywords to get organic traffic to your site.
- Keyword difficulty checker.
- Rank tracker.
- Backlink checker.
- Website audit.
- Competitive analysis.
Price: Limited features in the free version.
Keyword. Guru works on the collected data from different search engines and e-commerce sites. It does not show any metrics but it provides you with real-time data and lets you know the most commonly used keywords and phrases from the search engines.
- Analyzes and collects data from top search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) and e-commerce stores (Amazon, eBay).
- Offers real-time and authentic data.
- Displays most common search queries and keywords.
Price: Free with limited access.
GetKeywords tool is mostly associated with local SEO. This allows you to search keywords according to the selection of locality. You can filter down results according to the Countries, provinces, and cities. Like if your search query of focused key phrase is SEO Services California, then this tool will let you know the incoming traffic on this keyword from mentioned location.
- Multiple filters to contract down your search results.
- Allows you to do keyword grouping based on user search intent.
- Gives you data of where your website traffic is coming from.
- Also provides you with the bounce rate of each keyword so you can decide whether to consider it or not.
Price: Unlimited searches available in the free version.
If you are searching for blog topic ideas then QuestionDB is best in generating ideas related to your focus keyword or phrase. It collects data from questions raised on websites such as Reddit and Quora.
- Help you find questions related to your keyword.
- Analyze the database for your entered keywords.
- Provides an idea of the content related to your questions.
Price: Free with restricted features.
Just like Google, Soovle autocompletes the searched keywords with phrases to help you expand your keywords.
- Generates terms and phrases according to the platform.
- Allow unlimited searches.
- Generates different ideas.
Keyword Tool Dominator:
To determine the latest trending keywords, the Keyword tool dominator is one of the best keyword research tools because of the data available on this platform. This tool brings data from the eight largest websites to provide you with authentic and relevant data.
- Provides you keyword suggestions.
- Show keyword rankings.
- Allows you to export data.
Price: Free with limited access.
To target your audience, this tool allows you to search for relevant keywords. Keyworddit is developed by Reddit, works as a goldmine for keyword ideas. Analyze your target audience and provide you with the best relevant keyword ideas from questions asked on Reddit. Allows you to know the trend of related keywords. Metrics like search volume are also available based on Google search data.
- Finds the most common and searched data from Reddit.
- Allows you to know the topic in which your targeted audience is interested.
Price: Free to use.
Keyword research is an essential component of making an effective and valuable SEO strategy. You can’t rely on the same keywords to rank your website, because Google frequently updates its algorithms and these changes cause your website to degrade. To defend your rank you need to search for new keywords and update your website from time to time according to the changes made in algorithms.
As you want your business to rank on top of the SERPs, somehow you will need to invest somewhere. The above-discussed tools are not enough for you to beat the competition but they can help you reach the level of your rivals. Using these free tools you will be able to get your hands on the valuable insights and relevant keywords, which enables you to develop a competitive SEO strategy to target your potential audience.
These tools help you see the insights of your website, that how well your website and keywords are performing, and whether there is room for change or not. It is suggested that you should hire an agency that provides Professional SEO Services for the best results in a limited time.